- Monday, 05 October 2015
Who you will be working for?
Reporting to the Lens Supply Chain Manager in Birmingham (Tyseley). This role is working for a world class and leading manufacturer in the West Midlands, and is one of the brands belonging to a cutting edge technology company based in Europe. This is a new role within the logistics function and will suit talented individuals with experience gained within a continuous improvement environment providing detailed product analysis, forecasting KPI’s and analytical work.
You’ll be working alongside suppliers in Eastern Europe and Asia to support product launches and will work with them to improve supply chain processes and flows. Your understanding of these suppliers and the customer’s flows will be imperative to the success of this role.
What the role looks like?
You will be required to collect, organise and disseminate significant amounts of information with great attention to detail as well as have the ability to problem solve. The role will require you to co-ordinate new business launches and continuous improvement with products and order flow management, managing KPI’s, forecasting and support with the end of year budget.
What you will be doing?
The key to the success of the role will be your enthusiasm, self motivation and self discipline to achieve more and exceed deadlines, and the potential to grow in the role. You will need to be a self-starter, and able to work on your own initiative.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Continuous improvement of the current product and process flows.
- Creating and managing SOPS for new processes.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, create reports and make recommendations.
- Implementing forecasts for new products, refreshing existing data and supporting the end of year logistics budget.
- Work to daily efficiency, and quality targets to ensure that internal and external customers are satisfied at all times.
- Managing daily, weekly & monthly KPI’s for internal/external customers.
- Comply with all standard operating procedures (SOPS), work instructions or procedures applicable to the role.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
What you will need to have?
No doubt your achievements to date will clearly demonstrate your skills in extracting and interrogating data across multiple spreadsheets and presenting your findings to the team and Senior Management. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and who has strong credentials in evolving and fast paced environments. The key to the success of the role will be your abilities to work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure these are achieved which are beneficial to all parties.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous analytics and forecasting experience.
- Previous experience working within a similar role.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge and in particular good Excel Skills
- Involvement in creation and continuous improvement of SOP’s.
- Experience of delivering presentations.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and databases
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
Skills and Abilities
- Ideally, experience of using Oracle or AS400.
- Ideally, previous experience working within a manufacturing or logistics environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with both internal and external customers
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills and time management ability
- Self motivated, self disciplined and enthusiastic
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to problem solve
- Ability to change and improve processes
- Highly numerate
- High level of personal credibility
- A pro-active approach to work
Education and Qualification
- Educated to a minimum of A level standard or equivalent, in Maths
What will be on offer to you?
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Excellent holidays
- Pension scheme
- Sharesave Scheme
- Exceptional flexible benefits schemes
- To be proud and part of a evolutionary cultural organisation which has a strong culture of CSR
- Friday, 02 October 2015
BBGR have signed up to the following 4 Responsibility Pledges, part of a Government initiative, in which we are committed to taking action by creating the right environment by empowering and supporting our employees in helping them make informed decisions about Healthy Lifestyle choices.
Responsibility Pledges are:
1. Health and Wellbeing – BBGR will continue to engage with its employees on a journey together of developing a healthier workforce.
2. Staff Health Checks – BBGR will continue to work in conjunction with its current health & wellbeing initiatives and flexible benefits suppliers to satisfy the needs of our employees.
3. Mental Health and Wellbeing – BBGR focuses on providing opportunities for employees to take an active approach in improving their overall health and wellbeing, via nutritional awareness, mental health awareness (reducing stigma and discrimination in the workplace), physical fitness opportunities, and team building & engagement activities.
4. Physical Activity in the Workplace – BBGR will promote walking & cycling leads helping its employees make good lifestyle choices.
The Responsibility Deal embodies the Government’s ambition for a more collaborative approach to tackling the challenges caused by our lifestyle choices.
BBGR envisage engaging its employees on the journey of developing a healthier workforce. To find out more details about the responsibility pledge, click on the link: