- Thursday, 05 November 2015
Who you will be working for?
Reporting to the Head of Customer Care in Birmingham (Tyseley). This role is working for a world class and leading manufacturer in the West Midlands, and is one of the brands belonging to a cutting edge technology company based in Europe. This is a new role within the customer services functions and will suit talented individuals with experience gained within a glazing, customer services and/or retails environments, providing technical advice to colleagues and customers.
Previous experience in similar environments will be imperative to the success of this role.
What the role looks like?
The role requires you to manage the day to day quality issues of spectacles returned from our Customers and to manage the relationships with the practice. To offer support and guidance to our customers dispensing teams & also to the Customer Service team providing system & technical/lens advice.
What you will be doing?
The key to the success of the role will be your enthusiasm, self motivation and self discipline to achieve more and exceed deadlines, and the potential to grow in the role. You will need to be a self-starter, and able to work on your own initiative.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Providing dispense advice to dispensing Opticians via phone on lens type & selection when necessary
- Handling/resolving any technical queries presented by the our customer or BBGR colleagues
- Managing, monitoring and communicating the day to day activities of the Returns Department and of Returns KPI’s and trends.
- Co-ordinating the formation of continuous improvement projects and their prioritisation in conjunction with the aim of reducing returns.
- Managing, developing and coaching the returns team members.
- Managing a team of returns advisors
What you will need to have?
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and who has strong credentials in evolving and fast paced environments. The key to the success of the role will be your abilities to work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure these are achieved which are beneficial to all parties.
Knowledge and Experience
- Management experience within a customer facing role
- Excellent knowledge of opthalmics
- Good understanding of lean and change management
- Change management experience
- Previous team management experience at a similar level
Skills and Abilities
- Ideally, experience of using Oracle or AS400.
- Ideally, previous experience working within a supply chain.
- Excellent eye for detail in particular with data and productivity; spotting and managing trends, and root cause analysis
- Professional, adaptable and flexible approach to work, and ability to coach, develop and motivate team members
- Excellent approach to customer services
Education and Qualification
- Supervisory qualification such as NEBS or ILM
- A dispensing optician qualification or similar
What will be on offer to you?
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Excellent holidays
- Pension scheme
- Sharesave Scheme
- Exceptional flexible benefits schemes
- To be proud and part of a evolutionary cultural organisation which has a strong culture of CSR