- Monday, 21 December 2015
What does the role look like?
The role holder will ensure the continuous operation of site services, glazing machinery and warehouse operations to an effective level. The role holder will continuously improve machine reliability, warehouse operations and seek cost efficiency of site services, as well as achieving financial targets set for service level.
You will also have proven ability, experience and knowledge of working with contractors and suppliers to ensure that we have the most efficient and cost effective site services, and to ensure they follow site practices whilst planning and co-ordinating site improvement work.
You will also manage and coach the warehouse and maintenance teams with all of their performance management, development, absence management, engagement needs etc and review and improve all site, maintenance and warehouse operations to ensure they are operating to their full potential.
Previous experience in similar environments will be imperative to the success of this role.
What will you be doing?
The key to the success of the role will be your ability to work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure these are achieved which are beneficial to all parties, as well as be proactive to ensure customer orders are progressed in a timely manner.
This is a full time position working circa 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
What you will need to have?
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and who has strong credentials in evolving and fast paced environments. The key to the success of the role will be your abilities to work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure these are achieved which are beneficial to all parties.
Knowledge and Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Previous supervisory/management experience and ideally management qualifications such as NEBS, ILM
- A high level of understanding of manufacturing processes, plant and planned maintenance techniques and electronic control systems
- Previous experience working within engineering and/or maintenance environment
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- General education qualifications including Maths and English to GCSE level C or above, or equivalent
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with strong business acumen, and a high level of personal drive and determination
- Excellent problem solving, planning and negotiation skills
What will be on offer to you?
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Excellent holidays
- Pension scheme
- Sharesave Scheme
- Exceptional flexible benefits schemes
- To be proud and part of a evolutionary cultural organisation which has a strong culture of CSR