- Tuesday, 04 July 2017
What does the role look like?
This role is part of a world class leading manufacturer in the West Midlands, and part of a cutting edge technology in Europe. The role of the process engineer is often hard to define, as it has a wide reach. The role is responsible for continuous improvement in Assembly, supporting and facilitating change and development. The process engineers maintain the calculation systems for lenses, glazing and remote edge; this is a challenging role with many of tasks of great responsibility.
Previous experience in similar environments will be imperative to the success of this role.
What will you be doing?
This is a key role with the Quality and Technical Team the main duties of the role are:
- To actively seek ways and opportunities of improving productivity, yields and flows across the business, and implement those actions in a way that minimises the disruption to ongoing production
- Where required to liaise with partner glazing labs to ensure continuity of flows and product quality
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives, through analysis of performance
- To provide support, training, knowledge, information and reports to employees and managers on new products, processes to ensure systems are implemented effectively with minimum disruption to production
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role
What you will need to have?
The key to the success of the role will be your ability to be an excellent communicator and provide superb technical support to the business and the production process. No one day is the same, if your looking for a challenge this is the role for you.
Knowledge and Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience working within a lens production environment is beneficial as well as having knowledge of lens optical process
- C or above in the following subjects; English, Maths, Engineering/Physics degree
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, computer and database with a good understanding of the software and systems for production
- Knowledge of technical customer support and procedures
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem-solve as well as provide technical advice and train personnel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Self motivated
What will be on offer to you?
- Generous salary
- Generous bonus scheme
- Excellent holidays
- Pension scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Exceptional flexible benefits schemes
- To be proud and part of a evolutionary cultural organisation which has a strong culture of CSR
- Friday 15th September 2017