HR & Payroll Officer
- Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Who you will be working for?
Reporting to the Head of HR, this role is working for a world class and leading manufacturer in the West Midlands, and is one of the brands belonging to a cutting edge technology company based in Europe. This position is part of a small team and will suit talented individuals with experience gained within HR in similar organisations.
What the role looks like?
To provide a comprehensive HR support service by providing proactive business partnering support of line managers during recruitment, absence management, conduct and capability processes and to complete payroll requirements, including the preparation and processing of the monthly payroll.
What you will be doing?
Supporting managers with ER and payroll advice, working with the HR team on projects. This is a generalist HR & Payroll position.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Working in a busy HR and payroll environment ideally within a logistics or manufacturing company, supporting, guiding and coaching managers.
- General HR & payroll administration and advisory and the creation of monthly KPI reports for HR & Payroll.
- Work with managers to improve attendance, reduce conduct, capability & grievance issues.
- Developing and improving onboarding processes and ensuring that BBGR recruits the best talent into the company.
- Work with managers to support and drive employee engagement initiatives .
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal working colleagues.
- Support talent management initiatives .
- To compile appropriate reports and statistical analysis as required.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
What you will need to have?
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and who has strong credentials in evolving and fast paced environments.The key to the success of the role will be your abilities to work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure these are achieved which are beneficial to all parties.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience working within a HR role at a similar level.
- Proven experience within a similar role at a similar level.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems & in particular Excel.
- Previous payroll experience will be an advantage
Skills and Abilities
- Ideally, you will hold a degree or equivalent in HR or similar, and be CIPD qualified at chartered level or working towards.
- Ideally, previous experience working within a manufacturing or logistics environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent coaching skills and the ability to make excellent working relationships with managers and employees
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to create data reports with advanced knowledge of excel
- Ability to build credibility with colleagues
- Ability to build good working relationships
- A pro-active approach to work
Education and Qualification
- Ideally have or working towards their CIPD qualification
- Educated to HND or equivalent
What will be on offer to you?
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Excellent holidays
- Pension scheme
- Sharesave Scheme
- Exceptional flexible benefits schemes
- To be proud and part of a evolutionary cultural organisation which has a strong culture of CSR