- Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Who you will be working for?
Reporting to the Returns Team Leader. This role is working for a world class and leading manufacturer in the West Midlands, and is one of the brands belonging to a cutting edge technology company based in Europe. This position is part of a small team. The role sits within the customer services function and will suit talented individuals with experience gained in a glazing or other technical optical role.
What the role looks like?
As a returns assessor you will be responsible for identifying and coding glazing errors and making expert decisions in line with Company processes and procedures.
What you will be doing?
The key to the success of the role will be your enthusiasm, self motivation and self discipline to achieve more and meet deadlines. You will need to be a self-starter, and able to work on your own initiative.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Resolving all returns queries in a timely, accurate and consistent manner by ensuring that glasses are analysed accurately and data from company MI systems is used to give the correct information and outcome.
- Building rapport with the BOL team with the outbound calls that are made to practice.
- Dealing with inbound calls/queries in a polite and efficient manner – ensuring that the query is dealt with effectively and to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Building long term relationships with customers.
- Supporting and approaching the Returns position with a ‘can do attitude’ and always looking for a better way.
- Fully interacting with the supply chain team across all of the relevant sites.
- Comply with all standard operating procedures (SOPS), work instructions or procedures applicable to the role.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
What you will need to have?
The successful candidate will hold previous experience of working within an optical environment. You should have glazing/technical experience and a good understanding of the optical manufacturing and glazing process. You will also need to be a strong communicator, have a diligent approach to customer services, excellent attention to detail, professional style and approach, a positive and proactive attitude, a team player and be able to use the relevant IT systems.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience working within a similar role.
- Excellent optical knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and databases
Skills and Abilities
- Ideally, experience of using AS400 or similar databases.
- Ability to work as part of a team and flexible approach to work
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to build good working relationships
- Self motivated
- A pro-active approach to work
Education and Qualification
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE standard or equivalent, including A-C in both Maths & English
- Ideally, you will hold a technical glazing qualification such as SMC
What will be on offer to you?
- Monday to Friday 9-5 with 1 in 4 Saturday working, time off in lieu is provided
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Excellent holidays
- Pension scheme
- Sharesave Scheme
- Exceptional flexible benefits schemes
- To be proud and part of a evolutionary cultural organisation which has a strong culture of CSR