Operations Assistant Manager Birmingham
- Monday, 13 June 2016
What does the role look like?
In this role working for a world class company, reporting to the Operations Shift Manager, you will ensure the continuous operation of operational functions (logistics), ensuring that the team is efficient to meet or exceed the productivity and quality targets in relation to the customers agreed service levels. In this role you will be required to monitor and implement operator training and manage issues in a proactive & professional manner.
You will also have proven ability, experience and knowledge of coaching team members and ensuring that resources are used as efficiently as possible.
Previous experience in similar environments will be imperative to the success of this role as well as being able to inspire and motivate your team.
What will you be doing?
You will be:
- Managing people on a day to day basis such as conducting one to ones, appraisals, and having performance management discussions, ideally within a logistics environment
- Achieve output and department efficiencies in accordance with budgeted levels by maximising all available resources
- Ensure that the shift team training and development needs are identified in conjunction with the Human Resources Department and plans are implemented to meet the identified needs
- Maintain quality and service to customers at all times throughout all aspects of the shift, and ensure that quality systems and procedures are adhered to in accordance with the company’s quality policy
This is a full time position working working on a shift pattern including alternate Sundays
What you will need to have?
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and who has strong credentials in evolving and fast paced environments. The key to the success of the role will be your ability to be an engaging and innovative manager who has had previous experience working as a Manager within a Logistics Environment. The successful candidate will have good IT and presentation skills, excellent problem solving skills and a proactive approach to work. Experience of continuous improvement techniques would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Previous supervisory/management experience and ideally management qualifications such as NEBS, ILM
- Previous experience working within a logistics environment
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- General education qualifications including Maths and English to GCSE level C or above, or equivalent
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as manage and lead
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to build good working relationships
What will be on offer to you?
- Excellent salary
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Excellent holidays
- Pension scheme
- Sharesave Scheme
- Exceptional flexible benefits schemes
- To be proud and part of a evolutionary cultural organisation which has a strong culture of CSR