Operations Shift Manager, Birmingham
- Monday, 13 June 2016
What does the role look like?
In this role working for a world class company, you will ensure the continuous operation of operational functions (logistics and manufacturing), a shift manager is required to manage the day to day glazing operations, association and inbound/outbound teams, by planning the shifts activities to ensure that performance targets are met or exceeded.
The role holder will also take an active part in department development and support company wide activities and projects. Ensuring departmental performance targets are met, whilst supporting continual improvement of the process, product and staff, to support the Business objectives and targets, and deliverance of customer expectations.
You will also have proven ability, experience and knowledge of coaching team members and ensuring that resources are used as efficiently as possible.
Previous experience in similar environments will be imperative to the success of this role.
What will you be doing?
You will be:
- Managing teams of people from different departments, and managing assistant managers
- Achieve output and shift efficiencies in accordance with budgeted levels by maximising all available resources
- Ensure that the shift team training and development needs are identified in conjunction with the Human Resources Department and plans are implemented to meet the identified needs
- Maintain quality and service to customers at all times throughout all aspects of the shift operations, and ensure that quality systems and procedures are adhered to in accordance with the company’s quality policy
This is a full time position working working on a shift pattern.
What you will need to have?
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and who has strong credentials in evolving and fast paced environments. The key to the success of the role will be your abilities to work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure these are achieved which are beneficial to all parties. You must be an engaging and innovative manager who has had previous experience working as a Shift Manager within a Production or Logistics Environment. The successful candidate will have good IT and presentation skills, and have experience of managing projects. Experience of continuous improvement techniques would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous supervisory/management experience and ideally management qualifications such as NEBS, ILM
- Previous experience working within a logistics environment
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- General education qualifications including Maths and English to GCSE level C or above, or equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Educated to HND or above
- Good knowledge of the optics industry
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as manage and lead, proactive approach and ability to problem solve
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to build good working relationships
What will be on offer to you?
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Excellent holidays
- Pension scheme
- Sharesave Scheme
- Exceptional flexible benefits schemes
- To be proud to be part of a evolutionary cultural organisation which has a strong culture of CSR
- Friday 25th November 2016